Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Summertime: All Good Things Must Come to An End


None of us wear just one hat.  Some folks adorn themselves with a veritable plethora and other folks stick with a classic and comfortable few.  While homesteader, farmer, food-lover, writer, and wife are the top five of mine you read about on this blog, a great number of hours in the year I'm also a teacher. So alas...though the humidity still makes my hair frizz and the garden is still pumping out its glorious produce, "summertime" for me has ended.   I'm off to another creative, inspiring, growing, challenging, and intellectual place --- the middle-school classroom!

No need for concern, I'll be continuing with plenty of homestead and kitchen activities to fill the blogosphere with my tales of hilarity, pontification, and how-to.

I spent the first moments of this beautiful muggy morning reminiscing about how much I've ALWAYS loved the first day of school -- and how awesome my grown-up insulated lunch box is.


No comments:

Post a Comment